Useful Information for the Real Estate Owner

• Property Tax:At the beginning of every year, you need to pay property taxes (Impuesto Predial). If they are paid in January,you receive a 15% discount. If your property is in the state of Jalisco, as is the case with Puerto Vallarta, your payment needs to be made to:
H. Ayuntamiento de Puerto VallartaIndependencia 123 (City Hall)(322) 223-2500
In Nayarit:Municipio de Bahia de Banderas, NayaritH. Ayuntamiento Constitucional, Tesoreria MunicipalPuebla & Queretaro Valle de Banderas (City Hall)(329) 291-0818
• Federal Zone Rights:If you have an oceanfront property, you need to pay an annual Federal beach zone fee(Derechos Zona Federal), unless it is a condo, in which case the fee is part of your HOA payment. Payment is made to:
H. Ayuntamiento de Puerto VallartaIndependencia 123 (City Hall)(322) 223-2500
In Nayarit:Tesoreria Municipal de Bucerias, NayaritHeroes de Nacazari & MorelosBucerias(329) 298-1319
• Rental Property:If you rent your property, you need to get a tax ID (Cedula de Identificacion Fiscal) from:
Secretaria de Hacienda y Credito PublicoFco. Medina Ascencio Km. 2.5(Plaza Caracol)(322) 225-0437
In Nayarit:Hacienda FederalOcéano Pacifico 17Bucerias(329) 298-1806
• Residency Permit:You can apply for a Mexican residency permit (Permiso para Residir) at:
Instituto Nacional de MigracionHeroica Escuela Naval Militar 2755 (Next to the Maritime Terminal)(322) 224-7653
• Mexican Social Security:If you have house staff (maid, cook, chauffeur), you should registerthem with Mexican Social Security at:Fco. Medina Ascencio 2006(322) 224-3838 Ext 202, 212
In Nayarit:Josefa Ortiz de Domínguez S/NMezcales(329) 296-5140
• Telephone:Your phone bill is due monthly and can be paid atvarious banks and grocery stores or at:
TelmexLos Tules 178(Gigante in Plaza Caracol)(322) 225-1021
In Nayarit:TelmexHeroes de Nacazari 10Bucerias(329) 295-1686
• Electricity:For both states, your electric bill is due everytwo months and can be paid at:
Comision Federal de Electricidad.Colombia 118(322) 225-5555
• Home Owner’s Insurance:If you need insurance for your property, which may be included in your HOA fees,there are many insurance companies available, but most North Americans work with:
Operadora de Fondos Lloyd SAPlaza Marina L-A-48(322) 221-3101
Plaza Santa Maria L-D-13(322) 224-2490

SOURCE: Virtual Vallarta – Producciones Viva

Copyright © 2002-2005 Producciones VIVA, S.A. de C.V. All rights reserved. It is prohibited to reproduce, in total or part, any portion of this Web site without the expressed permission of Producciones VIVA.

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *