Upscale Resort Community Capitalizes on Growing Trend; Team of Real Estate Experts Makes Purchasing Resort Homes a Convenient, Personalized Process
With a wealth of rich culture and history, combined with a picturesque setting, Mexico is quickly becoming the most sought-after opportunity for resort real estate. The luxurious gated community of Punta Mita has risen to the occasion and grown into the position of a much whispered-about destination among those in the know.
“Resort real estate purchases in the U.S. have been on the rise for the past few years, but some are starting to wonder if the market has peaked,” said Alexis Burwell, broker for DINE, the developer of Punta Mita. “Savvy buyers are starting to look beyond the U.S. border for new real estate options. Mexico, and Punta Mita specifically, are the ideal option for resort home ownership.”
According to Burwell, several factors have played an integral role in Punta Mita‘s popularity within the real estate community, including:
- Proximity and easy access. Punta Mita is served by the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (28 miles), with hundreds of regularly scheduled non-stop flights from top gateways in the United States. There are also facilities for private aircraft adjacent to the airport.
- Pristine acreage and oceanfront property on virgin beaches
- Mexico’s political and economic stability
- Excellent values compared to California, Hawaii and the Caribbean
While the area of Los Cabos has been an accepted and popular ownership destination for North American buyers in recent years, attention is now shifting to Punta Mita, Mexico’s newest and most exclusive luxury destination, one that has much to offer buyers. Today, over 95% of Punta Mita‘s owners are American.
“Punta Mita has exploded onto the scene for many reasons, primarily because of the excellent values offered in a luxurious, gated, oceanfront community,” said Burwell.
In order to make the buying process as clear and understandable as possible, the Punta Mita Properties team is expert in all of the procedures involving the purchase of real estate in Mexico by non-nationals. This includes:
- Fideicomiso. Since 1973, foreigners have been able to purchase coastal and border properties through a fideicomiso, which works much like a trust in the U.S. The bank holds the legal title to the property, with all rights and privileges of ownership (including use and enjoyment) held by the Trust beneficiary.
- Title Insurance. All Punta Mita properties come with title insurance issued by Stewart Title.
- Real Estate Taxes. Real estate taxes in Mexico have traditionally been much lower than in the U.S., partially because they have never been considered a source of governmental revenue.
- Financing. Companies such as C.S. Financial, GE Capital, First Capital Mortgage and others have recently added loans for Mexican properties to their services.
With a wide selection of ownership options — including condominiums (starting at $575,000), town homes, villas and luxury beachfront estate lots (priced up to $25 million) — investment in this hot destination offers options for everyone. To make resort home ownership even more appealing, full property management, rental and residential concierge services are available though Punta Mita Properties.
Punta Mita was chosen as the first Latin American location for the prestigious Four Seasons Resort (1999). The St. Regis Resort opened in 2008. Strategic Hotels & Resorts will bring 70 hillside hotel suites, a spa, restaurant, pool and retail area with direct Pacific Ocean views adjacent to the Four Seasons Resort, also owned by Strategic.
Top-notch resort amenities include two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses.
Three beach clubs: Punta Mita Residents’ Beach Club, the Kupuri Beach Club and the St. Regis Residents’ Beach Club. Additional amenities a yacht pier, expanded Tennis Center, biking trails and the outdoor expedition center.
Boasting an infrastructure held to U.S. standards, Punta Mita features a secure water supply, on-site medical center, fiber optic cable phone service, ecologically sound wastewater treatment plant and more.
All this, and the community is still early in its development cycle, which equals many additional opportunities for investors.
Questions regarding ownership, taxes, liabilities, expenses and more are answered expertly and quickly at LPR Luxury – Punta Mita Properties. Call us toll-free at (888) 978-4850 and visit our website at http://www.puntademita-realestate.com for a glimpse of paradise on earth.
About Punta Mita
This master-planned resort and residential community boasts 1,500 acres on a peninsula surrounded on three sides by white sand beaches. Gated and low- density, the development was planned and designed in accordance with the highest quality of international real estate development and environmental standards. Currently home to a Four Seasons Resort, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and various residential homes, a St. Regis Resort & Residences is currently under development, slated to open in early 2008. The master design calls for up to four luxury boutique hotels, a variety of exclusive residences and estate lots. Three championship golf courses, a tennis center, beach clubs, spa and wellness center, yacht pier and a small commercial village will complete this exclusive community. DINE, Mexico’s premier real estate development company and a subsidiary of DESC, is the owner and developer of Punta Mita. DESC is one of Mexico’s largest corporations with interests in four highly important business sectors.